This just passed yesterday (2 Feb 08) in the Senate. Obama and Hagel are the originators. If President Bush does not approve it, then Obama will have time after his coronation.
1) A $845 billion 13 year total plan to ship money to the UN, so they can send it to poor countries. That has worked well in the past hasn't it.
2) Banning "small arms and light weapons" around the world, because there can be no peace without disarming law-abiding folks. The criminals will just turn in their weapons out of the goodness of their hearts and for the public good, of course.
3) The US to be part of the Kyoto treaty, as well as others.This is in response to the UN's Millennium Declaration, which states that the UN is “the indispensable common house of the entire human family, through which we will seek to realize our universal aspirations for peace, cooperation and development.”
Glenn Beck's transcript of his talk on it is here.
The UN's Millennium Declaration calls for the following:
- "currency transfer tax"
- "tax on the rental value of land and natural resources"
- "royalty on worldwide fossil energy projection — oil, natural gas, coal"
- "fees for the commercial use of the oceans, fees for airplane use of the skies, fees for use of the electromagnetic spectrum, fees on foreign exchange transactions, and a tax on the carbon content of fuels"
- "U.N. Arms register" of all small arms and light weapons
- "peace education" covering "all levels from preschool through university"
- "political control of the global economy"
- goals call for implementing all U.N. treaties that the United States has never ratified, all of which set up U.N. monitoring committees to compromise American sovereignty
- eliminate the veto and permanent membership on the security council, which would put us on par with any 3rd world dictator, even though we (the taxpayers) pay the majority of the upkeep on the UN
- a standing UN Army
I don't know about any of you Wonderful People in ReaderLand know anything about this, but it just pisses me off that our soon-to-be CIC would commit this country to United Nations rule!
NOT to mention that- aha!- it includes, of course, gun control measures: the UN's idea of how civilians should be treated in the countries they dominate. And dominate they will. If there are still any people who don't think BHusseinO is going to try and take away their Constitutional rights, they're idiots (to be kind).
I agree he's going to have a difficult time of it, but if this kind of feces (I'm trying to clean up my language cuz I noticed a few ladies are reading) gets passed and UN troops in blue helmets are off-loaded onto American soil, how many are going to stand up and be counted?
Get the word out, Folks, contact all those elected officials who we know don't care about our wishes and let them know where you stand.
Then load your weapons and be ready to use them, cuz they're coming.
Bless God, God bless,