One thing people can always do is come up with a reason to procrastinate or just simply put things off for another rainy day.
Like me: I can always think of nothing better to do than go fishing on a nice summer day. Or wander through the bushes on a crisp autumn morning, shotgun in hand, the Lady's mutt sniffing up a bird- and if he ever finds one, I'll be more than happy. Usually I have to flush them, shoot them, then drag through the brush half an hour to find them.
Or putting up Christmas decorations. There's always something better to do than run up the electric bill, so the decorations get postponed till the season's past. Then maybe I'll hang a few bulbs off the porch rail. (I don't celebrate Satanic holidays, so the Dark Lord's favorite day gets by-passed, although I have thought of hanging an effigy in the maple tree out front and using it as a target...) Does anyone hang a turkey on a tree limb or front porch for Thanksgiving? I've never heard of someone doing that with their cornucopia setting, but maybe someday I'll try it- if I feel like staying awake all night shooting the neighborhood casts and dogs that come sniffing by.
But I digress- as you know I always do.
We're talking about procrastinating, or just plain simply looking for excuses to do things. Or to not do them- take your pick.
Such as many will do this coming Tuesday, November Second. Many will spend more energy and time getting out of voting than it'd cost them to just go do it. If you know anyone like this, show them this list and ask if their reason is listed. If not, put it on...
TOP TEN REASONS TO VOTE DEMOCRATIC
10) I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
9)I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
8) I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
7). I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
6) I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
5) I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.
4) I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
3) I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
2)I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
And the Number One reason to vote Democrat...
1)I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my ass that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.
I'll keep my God, my Freedom, and my Guns- you keep the change.
GET OUT AND VOTE NOVEMBER SECOND!!!!
Bless God, God bless.